On the 3rd Anniversary of Haiti Earthquake
- Lott Carey serves as the administrator and coordinator of the African American Baptist Mission Collaboration (www.aabmc.org) which is a partnership with the National Baptist Convention, USA; National Baptist Convention of America; National Missionary Baptist Convention of America; Progressive National Baptist Convention; and Lott Carey that pledged and paid a $1 million grant in 2010 to Habitat for Humanity International to provide housing for families in Haiti.
- The AABMC investment with Habitat provided more than 1600 transitional shelters; invested in 500 hundred permanent houses; provided sanitation solutions for the houses; distributed emergency kits for repairs; and employed 700 people construction related work.
- The first year of the work of AABMC was funded by the denominational partners. Lott Carey has funded and staffed the AABMC program for the second year.
- Provided cash grants to families.
- Provided grocery grants to families.
- Provided food service for a hospital treating earthquake victims through buying food from Haitian farmers and contracting Haitian caterers to prepare the food.
- Trained pastors, spouses, and community leaders to minister to people suffering from trauma.
- Funded youth camps for young people impacted by the earthquake.
- Funded medical distribution and water treatment solutions to combat cholera.
- Lott Carey churches are funding and Lott Carey is raising additional funding for a new 56 home planned community - the Lambi Sustainable Village.
- Lott Carey churches have funded individual housing replacement construction.
- A Lott Carey church is financing a community center.
- Lott Carey churches are providing scholarship support for orphans.
- Lott Carey churches have provided nursing uniforms.
- Lott Carey churches have made and sent "pillowcase dresses" for girls.
- Lott Carey has deployed short-term medical missions teams.
- Lott Carey has deployed short-term evangelistic and children's ministry teams.
- Lott Carey has deployed construction teams (we sent 63 men in November and December and hope to send 37 more during 2 - 9 March 2013 to reach our goal of 100 Men on Mission).
- Lott Carey is deploying a short-term pastoral team in late January.
- Lott Carey is seeking to develop a large scale sustainable energy program.
- Lott Carey is working to invest in sustainable agricultural production.
- Lott Carey continues to provide monthly support to a network of churches seeking to make and mature disciples for Jesus in Haiti
2010 Summer Lott Carey Herald.pdf - Helping Haiti Rise Again I
2011 Summer Lott Carey Herald.pdf - Helping Haiti Rise Again II
2012 August/Annual Session Herald pdf - Faith, Hope, and Love in Haiti
Lott Carey's initial investments in Haiti began in 1916. By God's grace and with your help, we plan to stay engaged.
We are thankful for your partnership in this ministry as we remember those who perished and those who persevere on the third anniversary of the earthquake in Haiti.
Rev. David E. Goatley, Ph.D.